and if you take the overflow out the content just flows right on out over the bg and right down the page that would beautiful wouldnt it....

and I know what you are saying but we didn't want the pages to be big long pages it needed to fit within the browser(and NOT scroll), so your answer would depned upon how you want the website to be, whether you like it or not.

From: Christian Montoya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 1:27 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] menu suggestions and problems

This website has too many things defined in absolute sizes to be
robust for font resizing. What you should do is take the overflow:auto
out of the left container altogether and let it flow down as far as
the content. Then when you increase text size everything flows
together and it looks fine. Besides the only thing the overflow:auto
does for me is give me two scrollbars to use on the site rather than
one.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com