Looks fine in Mac Firefox 1.5 and Safari 2.02.

Best regards,

Marilyn Langfeld
Langfeldesigns
http://www.langfeldesigns.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Dec 7, 2005, at 8:13 AM, designer wrote:

Dear colleagues,

Forgive my labouring the point, but after our discussions I have done what Gunlaug did, i.e., made a page as xhtml, with the headers as below:

   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
     xml:lang="en"
     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>
<head>
<title>The Area</title>
       content="application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8" />

I saved as xhtml and IE went daft. I saved as html and all seemed fine. However, the site I'm working on has a fair bit of PHP in it, so I saved it as .php. All seems fine, including IE.

You can see my test page at:

http://www.rhh.myzen.co.uk/rhh/thearea/area.php

So, my seemingly silly question is: Is this OK? Does it fall apart for anybody? (mac esp?)

and, of course, is it OK to do this, and indeed, is this what I 'should' be doing (Lachlan?)

Many thanks,

--
Best Regards,

Bob McClelland