Angus at InfoForce Services wrote:
I am sorry if this is off topic. I do not know who to ask. I have my screen resolution to default to 800 by 600 and thinking of changeing to 1024 by 768

Woah!  They're such low resolutions, do you only have a 15" monitor?

I still would like to view my web pages in 800 by 600. I really do not have the knowledge to have the screendefault to 1024 by 768 and still veiew web pages in 800 by 600.

Get yourself a copy of the Web Developer toolbars for Firefox [1] and IE [2]. They have options to resize the browser window to 800x600. Other browsers may have similar tools available or may even be built in, but even if they don't, you can always resize them manually.

There's no need to change the resolution of your screen down to 800x600, since it's the viewport size that matters. Also, keep in mind that not all users have their browser window maximised.

[1] http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/
[2] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en

--
Lachlan Hunt