Peter Goddard wrote:
--> I would even suggest that you
--> consider picking up the basics of aspx page development, not the code,
--> but the web controls that are available in .net and see if you can
--> suggest how you can work more closely ...

a great informative post Peter.

Another vote here for the collaborative approach.
I was in a similar situation with a .NET dev guy and took the "what can I do to make this easier for you" approach to the meeting. He ended up installing Visual Studio on my machine, pointed me in the direction of the templates & repeatable elements, and I looked after all the html/css framework for him. the collaboration had other knock-on positive side effects and he's now an avid css advocate :)

cheers,
pete o