> On Sat, October 20, 2007 10:18 am, James Jeffery wrote:

> > What power do i have (if any) to try and get the college to understand
> > they
> > cannot use a cowboy to
> > teach tomorrows computer experts. Should i use my essay and examples and
> > take it to the head of
> > the college? I really don't know how to go about this, but its definatly a
> > problem.
> >
> > I really am angry and annoyed, you pay money to be taught the correct
> > methods. People who don't
> > understand are fine, they will believe him, and thats the shocking part
> > about it all.

My best advice to you is this: don't let your anger get in the way if
you do talk to anyone. If you come across as angry and annoyed, you
might just be ignored. You've already done yourself a disservice by
sounding a bit immature over e-mail with the teacher.

Also, I hate to say it but I don't think there is much you can do.
It's definitely worth trying and hopefully someone will listen, but
when it's 1 student in thousands vs. anyone on the college staff, I've
never heard of the student winning. My recommendation is that you at
least get the lecturer to allow students to make sites by hand instead
of with Dreamweaver if they wish. Explain to him that people can do
some really great stuff by hand and it's cheaper that way than relying
on commercial software and if they can make it look just as good (or
better), then he shouldn't force them to use Dreamweaver. At least
that would be something of a compromise.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.net