>Well done! That was perfect. Thanks.

You're welcome.

>Although for me personally, I'd prolly use <b> and <i> for bold and
>italic text, vs. a span with a class and related style. I don't see
>how the later is more semantic. Even if the design called for red text
>as opposed to bold face, I could attack the <b> tag to achieve the
>color, etc. through the style. And when styles are off, the visual
>effect is intact.

If you just needed to style some text, and not add emphasis, then, yes, you
could use <b> and <i> as you suggest. (And for the reason you suggest -- less
mark up.) They haven't been deprecated so they are 'legal' to use. I will leave
it at that. : )

~ Tim
tjameswhite.com'>http://www.tjameswhite.com";>tjameswhite.com