James' advice is it -- there are gobs of  plug-ins for FireFox.

There are plug-ins to not only validate HTML but whole singular toolkits for working with the entire plethora of site spewage: cookies, CSS, images, links, Id tags, div orders, stack levels, anchors, block sizes, frames, headers, deprecated elements, feed validation, section 508 validation, Dom inspectors, speed reports, etc cetera.

One FireFix plug-in does it all: Web Developer by Chris Pederick located at

Http://www.chrispederick.com/work/web-developer

Is the über-plugin you are wanting.

I routinely use it to deconstruct sites and quickly resolve issues.

Regarding closed tags...not all need closing. Let not my comment start a spec war discussion please.

The Best,

-=KuRt=-

Kurt Lovelace
MindRoot Media Inc