Matt Fellows wrote:
A great point Casey. MS have taken the first major step in moving towards a standards compliant industry and we, the web designer, are complaining that it's going to break our old sites hacked up for IE6/IE7. The saying says 'we can't have our cake and eat it too', but in fact we can. We have asked for standards compliance and we are getting it.

But I thought the point was that it *wont* break old, crappy sites? The point people are complaining about is the whole opt-in/meta tag/http header (non) issue.