dwain wrote:

On 3/23/08, *Patrick H. Lauke* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    dwain wrote:
     > been reading zeldman's book on designing with standards.

    The latest version of NN4 came out in 1998. Zeldman's book came out in
    first edition in 2003, and at that time there may have still been some
    NN4 users out there. Nowadays, NN4 is irrelevant, unless you know for
    sure (from your website's stats) that a sizeable part of your audience
    is using this dinosaur of web browsers...

i'm reading the 2nd edition from 2006. he made a comment about how some organizations are still using nn4 because of their apps are geared toward nn4. i thought i would try my hand at making sites nn4 friendly.

i do appreciate your comments though. like i said, just experimenting. i've been learning much about standards and document structure and semantics, etc, from my reading and this list.

i think i'm getting the hang of all this. i've been designing sites since 2000 when i was using go live 5 and tables. things have really changed since then. i converted my art site to html and css in 2004 and i'm still not through with the accessibility part of it. i've got a lot of writing to do describing art work.

cheers,
dwain
--
dwain alford
"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;

Just for interest, I have a site which went live on November 19th 2007, and the stats show that 35 users have been there using NN4.

Fair enough, this number represents only 0.24% of all users ( 14,351 unique) but my view is that, if there is an easy way to include those 35, then that's a good thing. . .

Bob
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk