On 5/6/08, Linda Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would just like to thank all those who have shared their
> experiences.  There has been some very interesting feedback that has
> been mentioned and we are hoping to conduct a few tests and see how
> users feel with the colour scheme.  I've used the colour contrast
> analyser before, and it does help a lot (although it does say and red
> and white are acceptable - but that's where automated tools can
> sometimes cause false positives).

One more thing to consider: a fairly significant portion of the
world's population cannot easily distinguish red from black in a run
of text, meaning that links ought not to be only reddened but marked
in some other manner.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protanomaly#Prevalence>

(Tip of the hat to Dean Allen <http://textism.com/2008/05/04/on.not.seeing.red>)