Hello Julian,

If you are unsure about what an HTML tag is there for, look up in the W3C
specs. http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#edef-FIELDSET

It is pretty clear to me there that <fieldset> element exists for the
purpose of grouping form elements together, and not for other purposes. It
aids accessibility and overall meaning of (larger) forms.

Hence I would strongly argue that <fieldset> should not be used outside a
<form> and should not be used for purposes of styling for we have CSS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason
www.flexewebs.com