What if your fieldset is intended for an AJAX application?  And thus
will not require a form (as your data is not sent through the form,
but is picked up by javascript)?  Indeed, my opinion is that a
fieldset should only contain form elements, but not necessarily be
inside a form tag.

I do disagree with Julián's approach.  Also, if I may add, strong
should only be used as an inline element (you cannot really compare hN
with strong, headlines are block elements, while strong is inline) and
only in a case where you have a "strong" point to make, and not a
replacement for making bold text.

Regards,
Svip