Hi Julian,

<strong> is for emphasis. I am on your side on that one.
semantically very strong, especially when given a meaningful class or id
name (e.g. header, footer, contacts, product, etc.)
<fieldset> however is quite specifically defined in W3C documentation as
being used for grouping '<form> elements', hence it is fairly conclusive in
my mind that using <fieldset> elsewhere is an abuse of the standard, even
though it passes validation.

As responsible and sensible developers I think we ought to leverage what has
already been (pretty well) defined in the official documentation from W3C
and utilise the tags we have available to us as best we can.

We can work further on trying to come up with better mechanisms for handling
some other matters for which we feel current HTML is insufficient. I am
hoping that XHTML2.0/HTML5 will help with that, although at the moment it is
not looking too promising.

That's it for now from me.

Your English is very good and your points are well made.

Regards,

Jason
www.flexewebs.com