Good call.

<?php
// check the answer
if (strtolower($_POST['human_verifier']) != 'blue')
{
// incorrect
echo 'Robot! Get out!');
}
else
{
// correct
echo 'Welcome, Human.';
}
?>

I agree that Mike's form is well made too. It takes my concept and adds in all the other pieces you'd want for the complete solution.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
--------------------------------------
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mike at Green-Beast.com wrote:
Hi Joseph,

<?php
// check the answer
if ($_POST['human_verifier'] != 'blue')
{
// incorrect
echo 'Robot! Get out!');
}
else
{
// correct
echo 'Welcome, Human.';
}
?>

You can make that a little more foolproof by setting the case of the text before matching, upper or lower it doesn't matter, but either way it'll prevent answers like Blue, BLUE, bLuE, etc. from triggering the "Robot! Get out!" error.

Respectfully,
Mike Cherim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>