> I don't think Javascript is Object-Based, because I can just write a
> function that prints instead of using an object. And even though
> Javascript has objects, I think the style of writing it is more
> accurately described by the prototype model.

You can print "Hello, world" in Ruby without explicitly creating
any objects, does that also make it not Object-Based?
And yes, even primitives and nil are object in Ruby (are primitives
truly objects
in Java, or can they be wrapped into objects?).

Prototype is just one of the possible inheritance models.

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/