From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Edward Clarke
Sent: 25 October 2008 21:00
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Writing authoritative content

I don't doubt your intentions, the more useful resources there are the more
the standards are raised but people will "interpret" / "get led by" / "take
as gospel" information they receive when the source of the information is,
in their eyes, authoritative. With this comes a responsibility to be
factually accurate and be of unquestionable quality. Just look at the UK's
current education system for the results of poor teaching, economically
unproductive numpties who struggle to spell correctly.

I wouldn't worry too much about arguments, let it fall on deaf ears, but do
heed knowledge and experience from seasoned coders here, after all, it's
something you'll be expecting your readership to do ;) WSG is a very
productive list for students of standards so you're definitely in the right
place.

I wish your magazine every success.

Regards,
Edward Clarke