From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org]
On Behalf Of Johan Douma
Sent: 08 January 2009 11:22
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Chrome and Safari render the same...or do they?

Just though I'd let you know about this, I actually think this is a
pretty serious problem, because it breaks a lot of scripts and doesn't
conform with the other browsers even though it conforms to the
javascript spec.

V8 (chrome's js engine) can take the values in an array in a random
order.

If we have my_array = new Array("val1","val2","val3","val4", etc... );
And we loop thru that array with for-in the values might come out as
val4, val1, val3

The js spec actually says that it can loop thru an array in any order,
but it actualy should be fixed to conform with other browsers.
(https://mail.google.com/mail/?zx=zux2r51mnf08&shva=1#label/assoc/11eb4c
430f775f2c)

Wait and see... Maybe leave a message behind on the bug page to make
Google fix it.

Johan Douma
johando...@gmail.com