This issue has very little (if anything) to do with accessibility. The
functionality in question is accessible via hitting a button or hitting an
enter key.
Perhaps it would be better to ask whether the enter functionality is usable
and whether it might cause annoyances for users who are not familiar with
ancient, default browser presets?
Thanks,
Jason

Jason Grant BSc, MSc