Hi Chris,

I'm not sure I'd agree with Jason on "if it's a native browser
behaviour/function then it's accessible". I see what he's getting at and
technically it's accessible, just as progressive enhancement is box-ticking
accessibility ... but I believe you'd have to test it to determine whether
it's accessible or not.

It depends on the context of the form, what instructional text has been
provided to the user, their expectations of that particular form on that
page in the context of that particular web site. It's a unique situation and
the provision of Enter key submission or suppression could swing both ways.

Does the Enter key submit on other forms? Does it submit or cancel? Is the
behaviour consistent across the site? Do you differentiate between single
field forms and full page forms?

Nathanael Boehm
http://www.purecaffeine.com/about/
Canberra, Australia