Try putting in Microsoft's compatibility meta tag and see how it changes your results :

| <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/>|

There are different options for the content field and you may be able to play with that to get consistent results across MS browser versions.

The tag is discussed in this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikeormond/archive/2008/09/25/ie-8-compatibility-meta-tags-http-headers-user-agent-strings-etc-etc.aspx

--
*Vince Aggrippino*
a.k.a. Ghodmode