On 12/08/2010 14:55, Hugo Mendes wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, but an "HTML5 Professional Template"
with BROWSER DETECTION (those conditional comments in the markup) is
not a best practice.

It's certainly ugly, but a very pragmatic way of having style fixes for the various broken versions of old IE in a way that works even without JavaScript. And the template is a starting point, so you're free to just edit out the bits that are too fugly.