On Sat, 23 May 2015 13:19:35 +0200
"Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" <pe...@frenning.dk> wrote:

> Den 22-05-2015 kl. 22:51 skrev Joe Taylor:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some further thoughts on topics raised in my message earlier today.
>
> As I stated there, the planned incorporation of all WSJT "slow modes"
> (JT4, JT9, JT65, and WSPR) in WSJT-X is nearing completion.
>
> Some time ago we noted that the usage and program behavior in the WSJT
> "fast modes" (FSK441, JT6M, JTMS, and ISCAT) are sufficiently different
> from the slow modes that it seems best to isolate them in separate
> programs.  Doing this would leave WSJT-X and MAP65 as the only active
> branches in our present SVN repository.  In practice this means
> primarily WSJT-X, since I regard MAP65 as essentially "complete" and in
> need only of occasional maintenance updates.
>
> A Qt-based program supporting the fast modes would then be required, to
> replace the current Python-based WSJT10.  I had imagined that this might
> be a next major project to tackle, from scratch... but in fact this may
> not be necessary.
>
> Christo Hristov, LZ2HV, has already built a WSJT fast-modes program.  He
> calls it "MSHV", and it looks very good.  It has all the WSJT fast modes
> and essentially all the fast-mode features, with some evident
> improvements.  Its user interface is all new (but has essentially the
> same look and feel as WSJT).  Its encoders  and decoders are direct
> translations from WSJT's Fortran into C++.
>
> In short, to me it no longer seems worthwhile to think of starting a new
> WSJT-fast-modes program.  Instead, we could use one of these options, or
> some combination of both:
>
> 1. We could simply direct WSJT fast-mode users to Christo's program,
> perhaps posting links to it on the WSJT web site.
>
>   ... and/or ...
>
> 2. We could start with his source code, but build our own executables
> from it -- no doubt modifying it in some ways, probably minor at first.
>   In this case we would give Christo (and his collaborators) full credit
> for their work.  (It is licensed under GPL v3.0 -- as it must be, since
> it's ultimately based on WSJT.)
>
> I haven't tried compiling Christo's program yet.  As you'll see on his
> SourceForge web page, https://sourceforge.net/projects/mshv/ -- see also
> http://lz2hv.org/mshv -- he builds with Qt 4.8.6, MinGW, and gcc 4.9.2,
> and he statically links everything(!).  So compiling with our standard
> tool set will take a bit a bit of effort, at first.  But I imagine that
> it would be not too difficult to transition his code to our set of build
> tools and our manner of packaging, if we choose to do that.
>
> Christo posts installable packages for Windows XP/7 and for 32- and
> 64-bit Linux.  The packaging uses a rather different approach than ours,
> and perhaps has some licensing issues.
>
> I would be interested in the views of others in our development group!
>
>       -- Joe, K1JT
> I've started testing Christo's package, unfortunately I'm not able to bring
> [...]

I'm running LM17.1 x86_64 and the downloadable version on his site fails to run.

so I downloaded the full source code from sourceforge and tried running qmake,
that bombed out as
it couldn't find a blog page ?????
So next just ran "make
 and it didn't like the location of libasound, and LM didn't like a symlink.
So I created /usr/lib64 and copied libasound.so* in to it ran make and a
working executable
appeared in the bin directory

I looks quite nice

Best wishes /73
Richard Bown

Email : rich...@g8jvm.com
HTTP  :  http://www.g8jvm.com
nil carborundum a illegitemis
Ham Call: G8JVM . QRV: 50-432 MHz + Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W & 3cms 5W
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 400W, 70cms 200W
OS: Linux Mint 17.1 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop