On 08/07/2015 02:13, Steven Franke wrote:
> Bill,
Hi Steve,

> In the past couple of hours since updating to r5700 I have had four rig
> control error events after many weeks of flawless operation. “Command
> rejected by the rig while setting frequency”
>
> After program startup the error has occurred after only 1 and as many as 4
> transmissions.
>
> It looks like Tx Enable is dis-abled when the error is thrown. Thereafter the
> rig stays on whatever band it was on when the error was thrown, but the
> program continues to hop through different bands, causing spots to be
> reported on the wrong band.
>
> This behavior is completely new to me, and it happened immediately after
> updating to r5700. I’m not sure what revision I was on before the problem
> started, but it was certainly no earlier than r5685. Has anything changed in
> the last few revisions that might affect control of a TS-480? e.g. timing or
> delay changes maybe?
This should be fix as of 5714. I do not have a rig that would exhibit
the problem so I would appreciate any test reports from Kenwood users,
particularly TS-480 and TS-2000 owners.

The defect manifests itself when using WSPR band hopping and either CAT
or hard switched PTT i.e. not VOX PTT or equivalent such as using a
SignalLink USB interface. It happened at the end of transmit periods
when a band change was being requested before PTT was dropped.