The Log4OM Forum is currently off line, or I would not bother you guys, and
feel free to tell me to suck it up.  Is there a way to get Log4OM to accept
the FT8 mode?

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurie, VK3AMA [mailto:_vk3a...@vkdxer.net]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 6:28 PM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net >> WSJT software development
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] FT8: Potential new mode for fast QSOs

On 30/06/2017 9:10 AM, Joe Taylor wrote:
> Is anyone using "T10"? When I've checked recently, usage seemed to be
> close to zero.
>
> In any eveny, we had no idea that "~" was being used to flag a T10
> decode.  (Or, for that metter, that you were using those flags in
> JTAlert.)
>
> Maybe you can tell it's FT8 because I (mistakenly) left two spaces
> between "~" and the start of message, rather than one. :-)
>
>     -- Joe, K1JT

Joe,

The 2 spaces hack is not really suitable, since JTAlert uses the mode field
passed in the UDP decode packet. I'd rather not code a fix based on a source
code error that will likely be corrected in the future.

A JTAlert fix is rather trivial, as I already know if the UDP packet is
coming from WSJT-X or JTDX, so its a simple application test to determine
the true mode.

I'll be posting a new JTAlert later today with the fix.

Regarding T10 usage, there is only a small number of users, primarily EU
based. I have not seen any significant uptake of the mode, there appears to
be only a small number of regular spotters of the mode.

de Laurie VK3AMA