On 05/07/2017 12:25, Neil Zampella wrote:
Bill ... thanks for your pointers.

However, think about this for the future. If I switch to a new configuration that is using a different mode, I shouldn't need to have a setting checked for the configuration to reset the frequency to the mode frequency as setup in the frequency table. I may not want to switch to the last frequency I was using, as it may have been on another band. If all I want to do is change from fast JT9E mode on 6M to FT8 mode; I shouldn't have to worry that if I switch to that FT8 mode its going to change bands to 20M if that was the last frequency used which could cause an issue as I may be on a different antenna or amplifier for 6M. The program should be able to verify the mode and change to the proper area of the band even though the 'return to freq' box is NOT checked.

Does that make sense.

Hi Neil,

there are users that do not want WSJT-X to grab the rig and change frequency just because they have started the application, for example they may be mid-QSO on a different band. The settings options allow users to decide what happens when WSJT-X starts. Note that switching configurations is exactly the same as starting WSJT-X, no information is carried over from the last configuration.

If you want to be in control of the rig frequency and when it changes then set WSJT-X not to do it automatically on start up and either engage "Monitor" yourself when you want WSJT-X to set the rig or use the band drop down to get he rig set up for the band you wish to work on.