I think that the real appeal of FT8, apart from the weak signal
capability is that it is a capable replacement for RTTY.

RTTY is a pain in the neck to use and provides increasingly
diminishing returns. You can use less power on FT8 and get out better
plus auto SEQ and prem. JT65 had the problem of 6 minutes per QSO
which will only make angry ops worldwide if used on a DXpedition for
anything except EME. Meanwhile 30 seconds for a QSO isn't too bad for
FT8.

I'd probably suggest that major DXpeditions would be better off using
a separate window instead of the regular window. This would help keep
the QRM down.

Watching this with keen interest.

73
Ria, N2RJ