From: Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu>
Sent: March 29, 2018 13:58
To: WSJT software development <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X v1.9.0-rc3: Testing of FT8 DXpedition Mode

Hi Jay,

On 3/29/2018 6:52 AM, Jay Hainline KA9CFD wrote:
> Is the suggested Dxpedition frequency 1.8265 a typo? That would put it
right in the middle of the CW DX window on 160m. Surely a frequency of 1.836
would be a better choice IMHO.

Thanks for catching this error.  Not a typo, exactly, but 1.8265 is the
likely CW (not FT8) frequency for the KH1 DXpedition.  They are not
currently planning to use FT8 on 160m.

For now, I will simply delete 1.8265 from the list of suggested FT8
DXpedition frequencies.  Do you have a suggestion for something else for
160m?  1.836 would clobber the WSPR sub-band.  1.843 or thereabouts might be
OK, except for JA.  JA will need something like 1.900, I believe.
                -- 73, Joe, K1JT