Hi,

In this thread, I see a few comments related to JA spectrum allocation. Thus, I
summarized the status as follow for your reference.

1907.5-1912.5KHz (total 5kHz) is allocated to narrow band digital. Therefore,
both daily WSJT-X and DX pedition would be split mode.  Daily FT-8 split QSO
QRG is 1840/1908. For DX pedition mode, we are flexible as long as TX spectrum
is with in above 5kHz range.

Goa for JA operators is to open IARU harmonized narrow band digital chunk i.e.
1838-1843KHz. Therefore, I expect DX pedition mode will be selected in this
5kHz range as well.

I have been lobbying both to regulation body (MPT) and to JARL from last summer
to allocate 1838-1843kHz for us. I learned that it has been allocated to
fisheries radios service (radio buoyes)  but there is no license issued in this
chunk. JARL, as official lobbyist, is telling me that they are also requesting
to open the chunk but they are pessimistic about my expectation to be opened by
the end of this year.

I see a few comments in this thread to explore current CW band for DX pedition.
In this case, it is nice for us to consider 1810-1825kHz which is allocated to
CW mode, neither 1826.5kHz nor 1830-1835kHz mentioned in this thread. Then, it
will be an easier deal for us as the players are limited to within radio
amateur society.

As summary, it is a fact that we have to use split mode on 160m anyway. Thus, I
hope split mode feature is also well tested and practiced under “FT8 Dxpedition
mode release candidates timeframe”.

Regards.

take

de JA5AEA