Walt,

you've discovered, if you hadn't already, why, in the real world, ETL (extract, transform & load) is such an arcane art. IIRC, when one digs a bit, the ADIF used by WSJT-X is a cross between ADIF 2 and one or two ADIF 3 additions.

If one can make import work, one is well advised to call it a win, and stop. Would it be unkind, and tempting the fates 'n' furies, to suggest thinking about a backup strategy for data that one cares about?

Quitting whilst he's ahead, and hoping that Pandora's box stays tight-shut,

Robin, G8DQX

PS: For *export* purposes, a fixed format ADIF file is syntactically, and symantically, correct. The fixed format, presumably, makes searching, which is the biggest use case, a lot simpler without the need for a full-blown flexible data parser.