What would that be?  FT8/FT4 uses a better detection scheme than RTTY precisely because of the constraints that FT8/FT4 require. Those constraints are what allow the better decoding ... there is no "magic" involved here.  If you lock the signal to predetermined time windows, use 8 tones instead of 2, and constrain the message to a narrow protocol you can use more effective decoding than you could otherwise.  If you don't do those things, you're pretty much limited to various sophisticated two tone filter techniques just like the current RTTY applications use.

Dave   AB7E