It's not a regression...the FT857 has never had set_vfo or get_vfo enabled so
never should have worked.

The FT857 does have set/get_vfo but it uses a vfo toggle just like the FT897.
If the FT857 is working well with this we can implement the same thing for the
FT897.
Are you operating in rig split mode?  Can you test with the FT857 and tell us
if rig split works OK?
Mike W9MDB

    On Saturday, June 6, 2020, 03:46:08 PM CDT, Bill Somerville