Hi Mike,

we have had one report of a failure which turned out to be a CAT baud rate setting issue. As far as I know it faithfully emulated the FT-817ND and that model can be used without change, surprisingly including the EEPROM reads that are used when being forced to use the FT-857 model backend. I would have thought that there are enough FT-818NDs out their with WSJT-X to say that there's no issue.

Note I cannot say much about the FT-817ND backend as in the Hamlib shipped with WSJT-X v2.2.2 that model is broken as is the FT-897.