in Pulseaudio, you need to select the input and output sources using
"pavucontrol".
Just above and to the left of the wsjt-x volume control and level in
pavucontrol the device you're sending to  is shown. Click that and select
your radio's sound device.
You should, then, see the radio start transmitting.
73 de AI8W, Chris