I played a bit tonight and if I select the actual device name ie "alsa_output.usb-Burr-Brown_from_TI_USB_Audio_CODEC-00.analog-stero.2" in wsjtx it works. It shows up in pavucontrol OK. If I select just Pulse in wsjtx Audio it does not work. Now if I can find a way to make the names friendlier it would be great.  I have udev rules to name the serial ports, alsa cards and pulse descriptions after the rig names. With multiple rigs plugged in it is not pretty.
Thanks all

73
Glenn VE9GJ

On 2021-02-17 2:45 p.m., Topher Petty wrote:
Oddly, WSJT-X DOES show up in pavucontrol for me....
I don't know why it wouldn't...

de AI8W

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:07 PM Glenn <ve...@napan.com> wrote:

Thanks Stefan
I will try that tonight when I get home.
73
Glenn VE9GJ

On February 17, 2021 1:56:10 PM AST, Stefan HB9TMC <hb9...@gmail.com>
wrote:
dsnoop was selected by accident while taking the screenshot.
I have selected the usb-BurrBrown device (the last two rows on the list).
No problem with having it on multiple instances simultaneously, and even
playback on multiple instances simultaneously.

Tx shows up in pavucontrol in "output devices", but only while there is
actual audio output. It disappears from the list a few seconds after
stopping audio output.

73
Stefan