On 23/04/2021 01:56, John Deegan wrote:

Good afternoon. I am experiencing a problem with what I believe might be an issue with WSJT CI-V addressing.

My environment is WSJT-x version 2.3.1, primarily running FT-8 and FT-4. The PC is an I-7 desktop or an I-7 laptop using Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. The radio is an IC-7300 with version 1.40 firmware.

The problem with CI-V addressing occurs while operating in my RV. In this environment, I am using a Tarheel antenna and a “TennaTronix” Tenna Tuner-2 antenna tuner. Because the Tenna Tuner-2 has a hard-coded CI-V address of 70h, I have to change the CI-V address of the 7300 to 70h from 94h and set the configuration of WSJT-x to emulate an IC-7000 Icom radio.

When I set WSJT to IC-7000 and change the IC-7300 CI-V address to 70h, I get a good CAT and PTT indications in the Settings screens, but audio tones are not sent to the 7300 when I push the “Tune” soft button on the FT8 screen. Also, the IC-7300’s USB-D setting immediately resets to USB. I experience this same problem on the FT4 mode screen.

I have successfully defined the environment as an IC-7200 (76h) and an IC-7100 (88h) and everything appears to work properly.  Defining the environment as an IC-7300 (94h) also works properly.

I appreciate any help you might be able to give me with this problem.

Best regards de K9XT.

/John Deegan/

Hi John,

thanks for joining the list. You can override the default CI-V address used by WSJT-X/Hamlib by creating a file in the WSJT-X log files directory called hamlib_settings.json with the following contents:

{
    "config": {
    "civaddr": "0x70"
    }
}

That will allow you to use the regular IC-7300 rig setting in WSJT-X with your IC-730 switched to CI-V address 70h.

Having said that, I thought the IC-7300 was capable of using a different CI-V address on the REMOTE port from the one used on the USB virtual serial port for CAT control. You will need to unlink the REMOTE port from the USB port in the IC-7300 menu, then set the Ci-V Output (for ANT) menu setting to 70h while leaving the main USB virtual port using the default of 94h.