On 14/06/2021 17:05, Roger Shultz via wsjt-devel wrote:

Good morning gentlemen,

I don’t know if this is worth your time to even read but here is my experience with WSJT-X 2.5 and MAP65.

I was delighted to see the attention to MAP65 being included with the new 2.5 beta release. I downloaded the newest version and was pleased that it loaded perfectly following the quick start guide by Joe. I configured MAP65 selecting the WDM-KS driver instead of the previously used ASIO M-Audio Delta ASIO driver I have used for years.

At the time of the new download I was testing a single pole set of antennas so I de-selected X pol in setup and voila, I was copying and working stations.

Subsequently I went back to my cross pole antennas and upon reselecting Xpol I can't remember exactly what happened but MPA65 would no longer work which I thought might be because I had previously selected only WDM-KS Delta 44 1/2. There was no option to select Delta 44 multi or even 3/4.

I understand about the inability to include ASIO drivers but in the old setup more WDM-KS drivers seem to be available. For those of us using Delta 44 under Windows 7 is it possible to remedy this?

So, since I could no longer have MAP65 cross pol I went back to v2.7 r8182 and have continued to use it. I can see Q65 traces so I just go to WSJT-X Q65A to decode them which is a workaround. Many still use JT65 so for now it’s not a problem.

However when I was trying to figure out what was going on I uninstalled WSJT-X and reinstalled in and MAP65 was gone in the WSJT-X folder. I looked in “bin” and much of what was there related to MAP65 was missing. I have no idea what has happened to it.

If you have suggestions or things I can contribute I will do my best to help out.

My setup is on the computer side, Windows 7 because I can’t go to Windows 10 with the Delta 44. I am using the IQ+ very early version. On the WSJT-X side I am using a Kenwood TS-2000 with SignaLink USB soundcard interface. Everything works well there though for some reason I have a solid line at all frequencies at 1000 Hz on the waterfall display which I have wondered about if it is normal or not?

Best regards,

Roger Shultz,

NJ2R

Hi Roger,

the Delta 44 sound card presents as two stereo devices via the WDM/KS driver, this is no use to MAP65 in Xpol mode which must be fed a synchronized 4-channel stream of 2 x I/Q sample flows. This seems to be a Delta 44 issue rather than anything generic, other multi-channel sound cards appear as 4- or 6-channel devices under WDM/KS.

If you go to the Windows Sounds properties for the Delta 44 line input (Recording Devices), then to the "Advanced" tab, what options do you have for the default format and sample rate?