HiActually no. When you start wsjt it immediately gives an error saying failed
to start omnirig com server. If you monitor the serial port traffic, nothing
happens at all. No serial communications at all. If you start wsjt as
administrator it works without an issue. This doesn't happen with any other
software that uses omnirig. It's strange because this always worked in the
past.73 Tom va2fsqSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel
<wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> Date: 2021-07-16  3:36 p.m.  (GMT-05:00) To:
wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net Cc: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X and Omni-Rig: Failed to start Omni Rig COM
server On 16/07/2021 20:10, Tom via wsjt-devel wrote:> I am the author of
Win4IcomSuite and have started getting reports of WSJT> failing to start the
Omni-rig COM server.  This does not happen on all> computers. In addition, it
starts happening when no changes have been made> to Omni-rig and WSJT.
Installing the latest versions does not correct the> issue.> To reproduce:>
Reboot your computer and make sure there are no other applications using>
omni-rig.> Use Omni-rig definition for your Icom radio;. Start WSJT.  You
receive the> above error.> Run WSJT as Administrator and it works.>> All other
applications using Omni-rig work without putting them in> administrator mode.
No other related software is running.  This is with a> direct connection to the
radio.>> Details, version 2.4.0 (happens on previous version as well).> Windows
10, version 19041.1083> 73 Tom va2fsqTom,I am looking into this issue, you
don't need to keep repeating your query.So far I see one problem with startup
when there is a fault condition like the rig not being accessible, or if WSJT-X
is closed down before it has completed all the retries it attempts before
reporting an error (that takes up to 10 seconds). Is that consistent with what
you are reporting? If so, then if WSJT-X is left for 20 seconds or so to do its
own thing does an error get
reported?73BillG4WJS._______________________________________________wsjt-devel
mailing
listwsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wsjt-devel