From: Bill Somerville via wsjt-devel <wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 4:03 PM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Bill Somerville <g4...@classdesign.com>
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] WSJT-X and Omni-Rig: Failed to start Omni Rig COM
server

Hi Tom,

OK, I've not see that behaviour. Are you able to reproduce it? If yes, then
does starting Omni-Rig manually before starting WSJT-X work correctly?

On 16/07/2021 20:59, tom via wsjt-devel wrote:

Hi

Actually no. When you start wsjt it immediately gives an error saying failed to
start omnirig com server. If you monitor the serial port traffic, nothing
happens at all. No serial communications at all.

If you start wsjt as administrator it works without an issue. This doesn't
happen with any other software that uses omnirig. It's strange because this
always worked in the past.

73 Tom va2fsq

Sent from my Galaxy