Peter,
I have seen this happen if Ftol is not opened so that the green line on the
waterfall is not over the received signal.  Generally, I leave Ftol open to
1000hz when running Q65, primarily on six meters, unless I am in a difficult
qso and want to reduce it to center on a particular signal.  If I happen to see
another signal appear on the waterfall, and the green line is not above it,
double clicking on the signal will move the green line and decode the signal,
at least in my case anyway.

Hope this helps in some way.

73,Andy, ka2uqw

    On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 11:19:05 AM EST, Joe Taylor via wsjt-devel