>  Why do you have rst_state=ON?  That conflicts with ptt-type=RTS and
might be why it's not working.
I have rts_state and dts_state ON to power the CAT cable. The --set_conf
option only seems to apply to the rig-file device, not the ptt device. I
can remove the rts_state=ON, it has no effect on PTT

PTT over hamlib is working, it's just WSJT-X that is not using it. I can
use e.g. a voice keyer in Log4OM and it does PTT properly through hamlib.

73 de Hrafnkell TF3HR