There are peoples "hunting" and other "working QSO's en masse".
Dennis want to go to CQ just after QSO.
FT8 do what he needs. He works like "QSO>CQ>QSO>CQ etc.
Of course FT8 made it possible.
I do not negate this kind of work.
I don't ask to kick-out CQ from FT8.
I ask to make another path to hunting without the possibility
sending CQ during QSO (usually mistakenly).

Dennis, believe  me I want to send nothing instead of  CQ during
QSO with rare DX
If there is nothing sent then DX think it  is QSB and repeats the last
transmission.
When I send CQ then DX station think I don't copy him and answer to another
station. If the DX is 7O/DL7ZM and You lost QSO with him, next 7O will be
QRV in 10 years and on 50 MHz maybe in 20 years.

Jeff, for me  "hunting" means to work rary stations like this 7O.

There was a proposal for me to do a custom installation.

We have in Poland a Genius who did own version of such a program.
It is The Robot Version of WSJT-X. I don't like such robots.
24/4 active and QRMing.
Another Genius from Bulgaria did a multicanal version of WSJT-X.
There is a mess when a station uses it. F/H or multicanal, which period
to call him are questions on the cluster. Both periods in use, total mess.

 Only the WSJT-X Team should make changes to WSJT-X.

Actually WSJT-X is oriented to do as many QSO's as possible.
WSJT Team needs big traffic in FT8 channels.
I think it was needed just after the first release of WSJt-X.
Today WSJT-X is  #1 Mode in the Amateur World.
Maybe it is time to not press on Quantity rather on Quality of QSO's.
Why is it that what I write now is pressing to make many QSO's on CQ?

We start WSJT-X  and this circle CQ is chosen.
We decided to call a station with raport TX2.
We checked TX2 and did QSO.
After logging QSO TX2 is unchecked, now TX6 is checked (CQ).
Again WSJT-X prompt to call CQ.
Of course if we double-click a callsign we will send TX2
Anyway WSJT-X is ready to call CQ when you click Enable Tx (even
mistakenly).
For rary DX Hunters it is cumbersome, it is very easy to start unwanted CQ.
Of course we can easy stop CQ, but if You are on 50 MHz and opening
 to a rare DX is 3-4 minutes, then one period lost is a big loss even
causing loss of QSO.

It is why I ask another path to do hunting without the possibility of
mistakenly
sending CQ during QSO.

When will QSO  end?
WSJT-X told :    after RR73
Conservative EME users say there must be more confirmations using 73.
In reality they want the system
RR73
mean 3 times 73.
Rary DX has his rules and if You want to be logged You must follow his
rules.

And now the end: I know how  WSJT-X actually works and how to set up WSJT-X.
Citates from HELP aren't  needed.

73
Henryk SP3E

czw., 14 lip 2022 o 15:15 Jeff Stillinger via wsjt-devel <