I have done this a few times just to prove to myself that TX is not an issue -
Better receive is where I would get the best improvement in WSJT-X.

Both Mac and Windows have native and third party capability to split Audio so
TX can go one direct and RX the other. WSJT-X TX and CAT Control can be to a
local transceiver and RX from an SDR. Automatic sync of local and SDR CAT  can
be done with Node Red or third party products such as:
https://catsyncsdr.wordpress.com <https://catsyncsdr.wordpress.com/>

The problem with all this is that completing a QSO does not count for anything.
You cannot log to LOTW, QRZ, eQSL since split TX/RX is not permitted. It makes
sense for SSB/Net Control/adhoc QSO’s with friends but not for WSJT-X since
many of us using WSJT-X are using it for awards.

Regards,
Dwayne AB6A