No, actually no specific conditions. I just install the deb-package and run the program basically.
And again, I first experienced this problem on a Raspberry Pi, running Raspberry Pi OS, with a USB-audio-dongle. But then I got it also on my stationary machine with motherboard audio and Linux Mint. So it seems to be related to how WSJT-X suspends/pauses/closes the audio stream on Linux in general.
/Daniel