On 2 Jan 2012, at 08:48, Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:

>       • wxC is built as a shared library. This means that wxHaskell works in
> GHCi again, which has been one of the most requested bugfixes over the past
> 18 months or so.

Sweet!

I've made you and Dave admins to the wxC SF project, just in case you felt it
would help to dissociate it from wxHaskell (thereby attracting people from
other language bindings, or people who just want to write wxWidgets GUIs in C).
 The idea could be that wxC would be developed to track wxWidgets, whereas
wxHaskell would be trying to keep up with wxC.  But maybe this would just be a
big distraction.  Up to you :-)

Also, I imagine that while this brings us closer to wxHaskell in GHCi, we would
still need to solve the second start crash?

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1610984&group_id=73133&atid=536845

>       • Build system improvements to reduce 'unnecessary' rebuilding of
> source files - again, one for developers.

Yay!

--
Eric Kow <http://erickow.com>