On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 2:48 PM, Haroon <har...@shawwal.duckdns.org> wrote:

> Since upgrading to Sierra the other day I randomly get errors about the
> display not being found when launching apps from a Linux machine. When I
> logout and log back in to the remote machine things work again, but then
> after some time the problem reappears.

Are you sure this is not
http://superuser.com/questions/462535/x11-forwarding-stops-working-after-a-while
? (would be weird for it to show up only on upgrade to Sierra, though)
Alternately it could be a Power Nap thing, conceivably --- but I'd expect a
different error in that case.

allber...@gmail.com                                  ballb...@sinenomine.net