I'm using Unity as a desktop environment. It seems that the command to start it is gnome-session --session=ubuntu or something. i'll play around and see what i can get out of it. Thanks!

On 02/28/2012 04:46 PM, Benjamin Shadwick wrote:
Christoffer,

Which desktop environment are you using? (XFCE, KDE, Gnome, etc.)

Since I'm using Xubuntu, I made a script in my home directory named
xubuntu.sh that I think looks something like this (doing it from memory,
since I'm not at home):

#!/bin/bash
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS='/etc/xdg/xdg-xubuntu:/etc/xdg'
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/nx/X11
exec /usr/bin/startxfce4

I then made it executable by running 'chmod a+x xubuntu.sh'.

Finally, I opened the x2go client on my Windows machine and set my
session to run a Custom Desktop and the command to
/home/<myusername>/xubuntu.sh

If you're not using XFCE/Xubuntu, then you will probably want to remove
or modify the first "export" line and replace the last line with the
path to the command that starts your desktop environment of choice.



--
Venlig Hilsen / Best Regards
Christoffer Krakou
Fleten.net APS
_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

Reply via email to