Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 06:16:47 +0100
From: Mihai Moldovan <io...@ionic.de>
To: Robert Dinse <nan...@eskimo.com>
Cc: "x2go-user@lists.x2go.org" <x2go-user@lists.x2go.org>
Subject: Re: Upgrades

* On 03/03/2018 04:45 AM, Robert Dinse wrote:

      I have now had three different machines, a ubuntu server, a mint server,
and a zorin server with the most recent builds installed display very strange

      Initially they work, I connect, and at some point during the session,
it disconnects, tells me to check my network.

      I go to reconnect and in the main window it says:

Loop: PANIC! Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.
Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.
Loop: PANIC! Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
Error: Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
Session: Terminating session at 'Fri Mar 2 19:06:40 2018'.
Session: Session terminated at  'Fri Mar 2 19:06:40 2018'.

      I also get a POP UP that says:

The remote proxy closed teh connection while negotiating the session. This may
be due to the wrong authentication credentials passed to the server.

      Once it enters this state I can not connect to the server again.
Rebooting both client and server does not fix the problem (and this wipes out
everything in  /tmp and /var/tmp as I have both in tmpfs file systems).

      The only thing I've found that fixes it is completely purging the server
x2go software and re-installing it.

Reinstalling shouldn't change any state, other than maybe reinitializing the

When this happens, are there still x2goagent or nxagent processes around? Do
x2glistsessions_root, x2gogetports, x2gogetdisplays report sane values?

Maybe x2goagent is crashing or otherwise misbehaving.

Is there any known trigger for this?

x2go-user mailing list