On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 9:05 AM Jason Godfrey <godfr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is origin Xastir/Xastir and upstream we7u/Xastir?
> In any case, I would probably try a git pull from origin

Other way around: I'm working in the we7u/Xastir fork so it is "origin".
Xastir/Xastir is "upstream".

In general I try to avoid working in master. I will do work in another
> branch and have master track the "official" master. If needed I will update
> my local master  and then merge master into my branch to pick up any
> changes from upstream.

Right. I've been mostly doing that too, but for Travis-CI configuration I
needed to push stuff up to we7u/Xastir and we7u/Xastir-Qt to test
Travis-CI. I ended up with commits on we7u/Xastir:master that I don't need
anymore. I was trying some fixes that didn't work for Travis-CI, Tom
committed something that did work, now my commits are moot and in the way.

Another option would be creating a new branch that matches GitHub master
> and then cherry picking the commits you need from your local master into
> it. Once everything is checked in upstream you can blow away that clone and
> start over.

Which will blow away my Travis-CI config and I'll have to start that over
too I think.

If I didn't have the feature-greeklanguage branch on my local fork I'd
probably just blow away the repo and start over with a new fork.

--
Curt, WE7U        http://we7u.wetnet.net        http://www.sarguydigital.com