On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 10:19:39AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <ru...@bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
[...]
> Now, how to fix it:
>
> I have already gotten upstream fixed for graphicsmagick, so your additional
> commits are now moot.  So if I were in your position I'd force my clone back
> to match upstream by discarding those commits altogether and force pushing
> upstream's master to origin:
>
>     git checkout master
>     git reset --hard upstream/master
>     git push --force origin master

By the way, I am explicitly assuming that "upstream" is Xastir/Xastir,
and "origin" is we7u/Xastir.  The force push, which is usually a dangerous
thing, is OK here because your fork is your own business, and there should
be nobody downstream who would be harmed by the force push.

>     git checkout master
>     git checkout -b topic-savemycommits
>     git checkout master
>     git reset --hard upstream/master
>     git push --force origin master

Same thing applies to this.

We should *never*, *ever* force-push to Xastir/Xastir's master branch,
because of how many people would be impacted by suddenly having all SHAs
change.

This absolute prohibition does not apply to personal forks or side branches
with limited audience.  One can get as pushy as one likes on those, depending
on how much you like your downstream users and/or how well you communicate
with them all.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM