On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 09:42:02AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron
collision of the <curt.w...@gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 9:19 AM Tom Russo <ru...@bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> >     git checkout master
> >
>     git reset --hard upstream/master
> >     git push --force origin master
> >

> Worked beautifully. What's even more important is that I understand what it
> did.

Glad to hear it.

By the way, a few years ago, when The Powers That Be were demanding that
our project at work migrate from CVS to Git (and I was one of the stuffy
old guard who hated the idea), I had to spend a lot of time getting
comfortable with the very different approach to version control that
git forces on you.

One of the sites that helped (after I'd learned the basic mechanics of
using some of the simpler commands) really kick start understanding was this
one:

http://think-like-a-git.net/

I recommend it.

(The one that kick-started the basics was https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2)

Once you really start thinking like a git, this stuff becomes less a series
of weird commands, and believe it or not, it starts to make sense.  But
you have to get past the fact that git has basically NO abstraction between
the user commands and the internals.  You actually have to understand what
it's doing under the hood to make it drive where you want it.

--
Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM